Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 05:03PM
Old Broad Street Church and Cemetery
- First person buried in Broad street cemetery was Mary Jones, August 27, 1792.
- The first sexton was Stephen Miller. He served twenty-three years and buried 576? persons. [1792- abt 1815]
- Next was Daniel Simpkins, until 1826, but kept no record. [abt 1815-1826]
- Next was John S. Ware. He served eight years an buried 301 persons. [1826-1834]
- January 1, 1835, Nathan Loper was made sexton and served nine years and buried 187 persons. [1835-1843]
- January 1, 1844, John M. Maul was chosen sexton. Up to July 1, 1852, he buried 201 persons.